WHY IT’S IMPORTANT … WHY IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Home staging is about making a great first impression – giving potential buyers the WOW factor
A little staging can highlight some of your home’s best features and make buyers feel like they could live there – and WANT to live there.
You can hire a home stager, or do some staging of your own. Here are some tips for getting your home into shape for showing:
- Clear away the clutter. It’s amazing how much bigger a house can look by simply clearing away unnecessary clutter
- Give your home a deep cleaning to make it shine. If you don’t have time, bring in professionals
- Spend a little time highlighting the main living areas in your home (kitchen, living room, master suite, family room etc)
- Minimize the personal element. A family photo or two is fine, but if your family is present in every nook and cranny it can be difficult for another family to picture themselves there
- Keep counter tops and table tops clear. Put away large vases, countertop appliances and kitchen tools.
- In the summer, keep gardens watered and looking fresh. **And water your garden and grass 30 minutes before an open house to make it sparkle
- Beware of kitchen smells. The smell of fresh baked cookies or bread is great, but don’t cook strong smelling foods like fish right before a showing
-Place fresh flowers around your home
- Uses mirrors to help smaller rooms look more open
- Use as much natural light as possible and introduce extra light sources in darker rooms
- When you think you’re done ask friends to have a walk through and provide feedback
For more tips on staging your home visit www.fittosell.ca